Suite Description

The Sign of the Buck suite, named after the first inn built on this property in 1803, is located on the third floor of the hotel today. This nice open and spacious suite has a sitting area with a daybed and trundle, television and the kitchenette with two burner stove, refrigerator and microwave is an added feature for an afternoon in, morning coffee, wine before dinner or an afternoon snack. The bath has a tub and shower unit and vanity sink. Plush cotton towels, hand milled soaps and hairdryer are a few added amenities. The bedroom features period reproduction magnolia wallpaper, dark wood furniture, and an ornate white cast iron queen bed.

Suite History

John Troxell was the first owner of this property in 1787 and by 1803 developed "a large and commodious new brick house". The building was two stories high and had excellent well-partitioned cellars. There were eleven commodious rooms and kitchen and was planned on being used as a public house. In May of 1804 Mr. Troxell rented his property to Mr. George Welsh and on May 23, 1804, the following notice appeared in the "Sentinel",
"George Walsh wishes to inform his friends and the public in general, that he has lately opened a public house of entertainment, in that large commodious new brick building a few doors west of the court house, Gettysburg, at the Sign of the Buck, where he is provided with good liquors and every thing necessary to give suitable accommodations to all who may favor him with their custom; and hopes his excursion to please will merit their continuance and support.".


  • Free Bottled Water
  • Fresh Ground Coffee from a local coffee shop
  • Signature Breakfast Basket
  • Fine soaps
  • High Speed Wireless Internet
  • Kitchenette with Stove Top, Microwave, and Refrigerator
  • Dinnerware, Flatware, and Cookware
  • Flat Panel TVs
  • Alarm Clock with Docking Station
  • Ironing Board and Iron
  • Hair Dryer
  • A/C with private controls
  • Free On-Site Parking
  • ¬†Help with Travel and Tour Arrangements